- Business / Project: Ferry Prototype
- Category: Design
- College: Royal College of Art
What advice would you offer to potential applicants?
"Dream big and find a realistic plan to your ambitions." - Reginald Hingston
Reginald Hingston Case Study
What was your winning business/project idea?
A ferry prototype/ mass transportation for West Africa
What did winning the Award mean to you and how did it help launch your career?
It help me prove that I can create sound realistic transportation ideas as well as bring them to fruition.
What skills did you develop as a result of DBACE?
- Creativity / innovation
- Presenting your work / ideas
- Developing business plans / funding applications
- Articulating your ideas / creative vision
- Applying creativity / innovation within a professional setting
- Understanding client needs
- Responding to client needs
- Research skills
- Critical thinking
- Collaborating with others
- Making / technical / design skills
- Flexibility / adaptibility
- Self management
- Problem solving
- Self confidence
- Initiative / risk taking
- Project management
- Written communication
- Cashflow / budgets
What have been your greatest achievements since winning the Award?
Launching a prototype ferry.
Have your objectives and long-term goals changed since winning the Award? If so, how?
I have now expanded my horizon to mass transportation in the EU as well.