– Melanie Grossenbacher, DBACE 2015 Winner
You’ve got an idea for a creative project. You’ve decided to start your career as an artist. But how do you get started?
There’s a lot more to having a career as an artist or developing a creative project than just having an idea. You need a great project plan, and a bit of support. Which is where the Deutsche Bank Awards for Creative Enterprise (DBACE) comes in.
DBACE gives you a platform to test your idea, turn it into a plan, and then pitch for investment and support.
And if you’re one of our five winners in our five categories, DBACE will invest £10,000 in your creative business or project. We’ll also provide you with training and business mentoring from a senior Deutsche Bank employee, who will be on hand to offer guidance and support for a year.
So if you’ve got the ideas, we’ve got the guidance and support to help you bring them to life.
– Michael Tougher, DBACE 2015 Winner
What you win
- All shortlisted applicants and winners of each category will be offered a place on a two-day small business training course in London during the summer of 2017.
- Winners receive £10,000 towards their creative business/project
- Winners receive year-long mentoring from a senior Deutsche Bank employee who will guide you towards making the right decisions, and advise you on what you need to think about in order for your project to be a success.
- Winners receive marketing support from DBACE website.
- Winners join the DBACE alumni – a network of over 200 ventures
A journey to creative success
The process of applying to DBACE will give you:
- Knowledge of how to turn an idea into a project or a business
- Valuable experience in pitching for new business, paid work and grants – a skill a large number of creatives are required to have
- Experience in funding your own creative projects – a common necessary working practice for most creatives
- Knowledge and experience of budgeting for your creative work
- A greater belief in your own abilities to achieve